Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On demand?

I've been meaning to write a new blog for a few days. This one is a bit different, maybe it will be forced, maybe it will be spastic... Who knows? Not me. It's fun to think about how nobody really knows because this post isn't even published yet.  A lot of times I write these posts to help me out, but from the perspective of somebody else reading them later. If they're for me, than why? Because they're really not for me. Maybe I'm writing this shit for somebody to not repeat the same mistakes that I made, or to not go through the same mental Olympics as me. Seems a bit obvious now that I think about it... It doesn't really matter anyway, cause only four or so people read this...

What is it about Wilco that makes them so great? They aren't psychedelic, they aren't stoner-ish, they aren't alcohol-oriented, and they aren't particularly original, yet their music is so endearing and so emotionally touching that you can't ignore Jeff Tweedy's brilliance. Depends on the album I suppose.

About this 2008 South Ossetian War... all I have to say is that you should look it up yourself. I don't truly know everything about Georgia, but it appears to be the victim of a totalitarian Russia. It offered complete autonomy to South Ossetia, yet they refused demanding independence. This seems reasonable to a certain extent (what the fuck are they gonna do with a population of 70,000? Economy? What economy?) yet Russia's invasion is fucking ridiculous. Georgia is a strongly democratic nation, fuck, President Saakashvili had elections a year early and was re-elected. Russia is entering into undisputed Georgian territory, with a vastly superior military force, with unknown intentions. Its intentions seem oddly self-interested. Similar to the United States' ordeal with Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm sick of this shit. I feel like the world should divided into even segments (population wise) and new nations should be declared. Whatever... Nevermind. Russia is fucked up. Vladimir Putin was already President. Now he's Prime Minister. Raise any questions?

Anyway... life. Life has not been treating me well. Life is a vague term though. It is both the mental perception of what is happening, and what is actually happening. In my case, what is actually happening is far greater than my mental perception of it. Once I'm in a funk I tend to stay there. This is unfortunate, yet it makes me extremely humble. I guess that's what drugs are for... Maybe not.

I realize at this moment that I am truly afraid of the future. I do not want to know what is going to happen. I may be okay with it at this point, but for now I like the present. Time machines are for changing the past to change the present. I guess Back to the Future II changed all that though...

Whatever. Hey you! Night...

No comments: