Thursday, December 18, 2008

tracklist+eccentricities

Here's where I'm at:

To prevent my bad habit of starting blogs and then scrapping them because I feel they are too short or because there is more I want to say, but do not feel like taking the time to finish. So, I will begin updating weekly (hopefully) and will be trying Ross' method of blogging. We'll see how it goes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my lazy brain will not feel like using this method. Whatever...

Speaking of Ross, I'm not sure I'll ever be capable of calling him Justin. It's just too strange for me, simply because Mr. Ross was engraved in my brain two years ago and even the existence of his first name was strange since I sort of thought of him as just Ross. Oh well, too late now. Hopefully he doesn't mind being called Ross too much.

I'm sort of semi-watching Blade Runner as I type this. It is either the original version, which has voiceover, or the extended addition, which has voiceover as well as some scenes from the director's cut. I must admit, no matter what version, it is an extremely bad ass movie. I do have a strong distaste for the voiceover, but so did Harrison Ford. He read it deadpan because he hoped it'd be scrapped. Unfortunately, it was not. The director's cut fixed this problem, and is (literally) my 2nd favorite (favorite depending on mood) movie of all time. Wow. Fuck this voiceover... it just ruined the best part of the entire movie. Anyway...

This just reminded me, I haven't turned in my senior words. I knew them 100% earlier but now I'm not sure. It will either be:

"There is no growing in knowing where you're going."
 
or

"All those moments lost in time, like tears in the rain."

By the way it's the extended cut. The worst of them all. I still haven't seen the final cut... which I own. Oh well.

I'm feeling very spastic. I think I need to go get high and chill the fuck out before I go to bed. If I can write this much at this hour than I need a chill pill. This is how my brain usually functions at night. Not cool.

Well I'm high now. This is going to be a strange blog post, simply because of the fact that I have been picking it up and putting back down for a while. It is also the first post I have admitted to being intoxicated while writing. Setting that aside, let's talk about the ep.

I listened to most of what we've recorded the other day, and I must say that we are getting there. With some real work and serious effort this will be done in January. I'll set up a show for February. Sound good? I can't remember if I already done this here, but:

The Moon Trench

Oscillations
Czar Tethys
Symphony for Sunshine
I See Forever
Lunar Oceans
Lunar Lighthouse

No comments: