Wednesday, June 18, 2008

what a trip.

The events of the last week have been so intense and overwhelming that I find myself wondering where the days went. Today was a horrible experience and I just want it to be over. My mind is so frightened right now. The darkness... silence... there isn't anything it is okay with that is not sensually engaging for me, but I'm so tired and all I want to do is go to sleep. I feel as if this is a good opportunity for me to share a song that I've written, more for me than everyone else, but that's what this is for anyway isn't it.

Castle in the Clouds
I'm tired, I haven't slept a wink in three days
And I know that I'm from some place that is quite far away
But still, is that the way to treat someone like me?
Cause you just seem to do what you please

They say once it grows dark here it never turns back
But you point and you grin and you laugh and then you ask
Is it you? I swear that you don't belong
And I know soon you'll be long dead and gone

Walk through this maze
You will not

Sometimes I just feel like drifting away in my head
I'm speaking these words but no one has heard what I've said
In time I know you'll see my point of view
And then we'll bend the facts to match what is true

Wet my feet in the creek as it drifts slow up the hill
Time has been lost here but forever has been as well
So dream of houses up among the stars 
But we know none of them will ever be one of ours

I don't like the last line there, but I'll fix it eventually. I wrote this with somebody else in mind, but it feels more like a conversation with myself now. Strange feeling.

No comments: