Monday, June 30, 2008

Isolation

I feel isolated. Maybe it's because I'm in Oglala, Nebraska... Pretty awesome city, and by city I mean small gathering of motels and fast food restaurants surrounded by endless farms and grass. It might be because no one is responding to my digital attempts at communication right now. Maybe it's a combination of both? Whatever.

Colorado (before and through the Rockies) is absolutely beautiful. Grass, trees, rivers, snow... Awesome. After the Rockies it pretty much gets shitty and as is the equivalent of Nebraska. This has been an enlightening trip--I've discovered most of the country blows. Some of it is alright, but mostly it just sucks. Driving 80 MPH on the freeway isn't quite fast enough. I'm glad there are airplanes.

I feel extra lonely now... What is loneliness? I don't understand it. I'm with my dad, but I've been around him for so fucking long in proportion to my life that he's almost not here. That's kind of mean, but I think you'll catch my drift. I don't know... this is a thought I don't think I could work out if I sat here staring at the screen for an hour.

See. 30 minutes and I can't think of a thing...

No comments: