Tuesday, June 3, 2008

5 Hour Energy

You know for sure that a drink is European when it comes in liters. Keep that in mind when buying your beverages. Anyway, just checking in with some thoughts at 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning. I'm here pulling an all-nighter writing a paper on Philip K. Dick. The subject matter is making it extremely enjoyable, yet the hours of work are a bit intense. My back is hurting and all I want is a joint to fix it, but I'd rather have a chiropractor get on top of that shit. Sometimes I wish that my girlfriend was a chiropractor, but unfortunately I do not think it is to be... Alas, she has myriad other redeeming qualities. Speaking of myriad I'd like to take a moment to discuss the word:

Myriad can be defined two ways, as a noun or as an adjective. My sophomore english teacher, Mr. Ross brought this question up into my head many a time. Is it myriad ways, or a myriad of ways? The answer: it's both. Do whatever the hell you think looks and sounds better. I personally flip back and forth. I wonder what Philip K. Dick woulda said... Who knows?

Not me.

"It's not I, Travis"

Shush, Ms. Chiarella.

No comments: