Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Satisfaction

Is satisfaction happiness? Or is it settling for something less than happiness? Tough fucking question. I bring it up because it is hard for me to be satisfied with the recordings we're working on. The good thing though, is that with enough work I am able to get to the point of satisfaction. Some parts I like a lot, other parts not as much. The important thing is to realize that recording is a learning process, not everything will come out the first time. You have to be patient, let it gel, and then sit back and think to yourself: "It could sound better this way."

Unfortunately, you're still taking a blind leap of faith. Unfortunately (maybe fortunately, or we'd never get shit done) life is the equivalent. You'll never fall in love if you don't take the first step and say hello to some pretty girl, or if you don't kiss the girl you've been saying hello to for a year (maybe less). I don't know... I kinda like it that way.

As for this roadtrip I am still on... I'd like to say one thing: east Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana are super fucking lame. Why? All that's there is farmland, grass, some cities now and then, and a gas station chain known as Kum & Go. I shit you not. Not Come & Go... Kum & Go.

That's basically all you need to know in life. States (countries even?) with a place called Kum & Go in them suck.

1 comment:

Leemans said...

Kum&Go? That's too much for me to handle at this hour. Secondly, your reference to taking the first step is brutally truthful.

I'm going to post a second comment when I can think straight. Good night