Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blogger's Block?

I've been having trouble writing posts lately. I've started three or four before calling them off just a few sentences in. Hopefully that will not happen with this post, but seeing as I keep alternating between this and other stuff... who knows? I saw WALL-E tonight, and I must say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. The social commentary was brilliant. The fact that it's a little kids' movie wasn't overwhelming. In fact, it was strangely absent from childish humor, which I support 100%. Whatever...

The Helio Sequence has to be one of the most under-appreciated bands out there today. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like nobody listens to them. It's probably just me, because now that I think about it, the majority of my music is known by very few people. It's strange when a band I like a lot becomes extremely popular. of Montreal's latest album put them on a whole new level, Animal Collective's latest album made them explode with popularity. It makes me wonder... If I do become a musician, is it going to take 8 albums (or more?) for my band to be noticed? I hope not, I hope that I am able to experience success, while musically maturing at the same time.

Maybe I want to have my cake and eat it too. (For those of you that do not understand this statement: if you eat you your cake, you do not have it too, therefore you can only have it or eat it.)

Speaking of cake... it's pretty tasty.

I don't know what I'm saying anymore. But at least I've got a post. Sorry for the delay, oh faithful reader.

1 comment:

Leemans said...

"The fact that it's a little kids' movie wasn't overwhelming. In fact, it was strangely absent from childish humor, which I support 100%. Whatever..."

So Travis like, to add the Whatever at the end...