Sunday, July 27, 2008

Radiohead status?

Recently I've felt a bit like Radiohead while trying to record In Rainbows. It took them a fucking long ass time to finally start producing records that they found satisfactory. I'm afraid I'll be unable to produce anything that I'm happy with for years. I don't want that to happen, I produce songs too fast for me to be working on old ones for that long. I just want to produce an album of good quality that I can listen to and think that I did a pretty good job. Is this too much to ask for? Are the recording gods so cruel?

Anyway, I've recently discovered that I have not one, not two, but three faithful (I think) readers. Far out. I can dig, but either way. I've said before and I'll say again that this is mostly for me to express my own thoughts in a rational sense. Clears my head, helps me think, blah blah blah. Whatever. Just a friendly hello to you folks.

How many of you people have heard of Methuselah? I don't mean the giant wine bottle (although that sounds awesome as well), I mean the grandfather of Noah (who built the ark). Supposedly he lived to be 969 years old. Now don't think I believe a word of what the bible says, but some of it was probably based on something. I want to know who the fuck Methuselah was based on... How long did that guy really live? My bet is like... 100. Living past 50 back then was probably considered ancient.

I really like the word alluvial, but it doesn't have that deep a meaning... Oh well, that's never stopped me before.

Anyway, apologies for the outburst of the night previous, and remember: don't be sober for too long. You'll start to think too much.

No comments: