Wednesday, July 30, 2008

time

So the great cycle of life continues. Have you ever noticed how relentless time is? It just never stops. Sometimes it makes me anxious to stare at my atomic clock because the seconds never stop clicking right by. Then all of a sudden it's tomorrow. The day before is just a blur of images that grow darker by the hour. By the second even. Is this good? Is it bad? I don't know, "for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Time is relative. I've often wondered if somebody born on the same day as me experiences time at the same pace. I guess I'll never know. It's an impossible thing to measure anyway.

I watched a cool movie last night. It's called Stay and is by the same director as Stranger Than Fiction. It is a psychological thriller in the vein of Vanilla Sky (brilliant movie). The directing was brilliant, and the same goes for the editing. The ending was a bit weak compared to the rest, but I still found it satisfying enough. Anyway, you can watch it if you'd like, but my main point is that it had  a sick quote that I liked. "Bad art is more tragically beautiful than good art because it chronicles human failure."

Makes me wonder if I'll be remembered fondly for great art or because it was tragically beautiful.

No comments: